Interior decorating and design professionals help you put your creative stamp in your home or place of business by dealing with designing, decorating, furnishing, and space issues, often in unique ways. Choose a professional whose projects are not only appealing, but have proven practical to build and live in as well.
Interior decorating and design is not just “having an eye” for colour or recognizing quality furniture. It is an extensive discipline that encompasses many specialized areas of expertise, including:
- Colours and how they relate to one another.
- Patterns and how they relate to one another.
- Human perception of space, depth, and texture.
- Compatibility of furniture styles.
- Effective space utilization.
Decorating and Design Services include:
- Purchasing products and fixtures
- Selecting and specifying fixtures, furnishings, products, materials and colours
- Designing and managing fabrication of custom furnishings, millwork, flooring and other interior details
- Designing lighting plans and specifying
- Specialized painting techniques
- Wide variety of possible window treatments and much more.
- Consulting services to help determine project goals and objectives
- Generating ideas for the functional and aesthetic possibilities of the space
- Creating illustrations and renderings
- Developing documents and specifications relative to interior spaces
- Allocating, organizing and arranging a space to suit its function
- Monitoring installation of design
Pick the Right Professional:
- Whose past projects appeal to you.
- Who listens well and designs around your wishes rather than their personal sense of style.
- Who has done jobs that are similar in scale and budget to yours.
- Who has experience working with any specialized materials or treatments you are considering for your project.